The ballista is a dwarvish invention - a heavy fortress weapon, capable of knocking down a troll with a single shot. However, the goblinish ballista doesn't have any relation to that machine - goblinish masters tried to reproduce a heavy crossbow and, as usual, instead of small and metal, made it big and wooden. The original mechanism should be carried by four goblins. In the end, developers decided to equip the machine with wheels and the number of personnel fell to two persons. Nevertheless, orcish armies rarely use war machines - most of people don't even suspect that orces may have something like that. However, if orcish hordes will get to Wesnothian fortresses again, people will learn about ballistas and much more formidable machines.
Pupil: Night type
* +5% accuracy and +1 vision range at night.
* -10% accuracy and -1 vision range at daytime.
* no bonuses or penalties.
Movement type: None
Armor type: Wooden machine with goblins team
* exclusively resistant to pierce damage.
* vulnerable for fire damage.
Damage type: Pierce
* more effective against cavalry and flying units.
* less effective against frogs, dwarves and skeletons.
* uneffective against woses, ghosts and heavy armored units.
* counterstrike: unit's melee attack works in defense only.
* preparation: unit's ranged attack doesn't work in defense.
* assault weapon: unit's ranged attack has 20% less accuracy against units on flat terrain, but 20% more accuracy against units in villages and castles.
|Advances to:||Fire Mech, Rock Caster|
Attacks (damage × count)
|24 × 1|
|4 × 6|