Mage of Sun / Sun Sorceress
Four of twelve chairs in the Archmages Council are reserved for best of the red mages. They are called ''Solaris Magus'', which means ''mages of sun''. Long time ago they left Academy as fledglings, and now they they returning from war as seasoned veterans. Now they should share their experience with the younger generation of mages, and Council will get from them insight about what the practical aspects of magic using are. Although days when sun mages have eight of twelve Council's chairs and was able to completely determine the Academy policy are gone, their votes still have weight. Unfortunately, this is what causes many of aggressive and unwise decisions as many of sun mages are paranoid and suffering from nervous disorders on the basis of things, which they have seen on the war. Of course Council doing everything possible to choose more wise and calm archmages, but sometimes temptation to choose much stronger and less wise ones is too strong.
Pupil: Day type
* +5% accuracy and +1 vision range at daytime.
* -10% accuracy and -1 vision range at night.
* from 0 to 25% damage bonus when unit's HP from 50 to 100% of maximum.
* from 0 to 25% damage penalty when unit's HP from 50 to 0% of maximum.
Movement type: Civilian
* not good at castle and village defending.
Armor type: Human fire mage without armor
* exclusively resistant to fire magic.
* vulnerable for impact and blade damage.
Damage type: Fire
* very effective against woses and other plants.
* more effective against skeletons and frogs.
* less effective against nagas, trolls and hardy units.
* uneffective against ghosts, drakes and dragons.
Spells: 1 basic, 1 average and 1 high
* fireball (basic): advanced version of ''energy stream''. Calls few balls of magic energy, which causes fire damage. Firing rate increases with unit's level. 7-5 damage at the current level.
* flaming blade (average): calls an flaming blade which is more effective on melee combat than staff. Flaming blade inflicts fire damage, which increases with unit's level. 12-2 damage at the current level.
* stream of flame (average): calls a impetuous stream of magic energy, which causes fire damage. It forestall opponent's ranged attacks and has 90% accuracy against slowed or distracted units. Power of spell increases with unit's level. 16-2 damage at the current level.
* fire mine (average): inflicts fire damage to opponents if they try to attack unit at melee combat. 12 damage at the current level.
* heat aura (average): increases cold resistance and decreases fire resistance of all adjacent units by 20%.
* dragon flame (high, requires ''stream of flame''): advanced version of ''stream of flame''. Calls a impetuous stream of sticky flammable liquid, which causes fire damage. It forestall opponent's ranged attacks and has 90% accuracy against slowed or distracted units. Flames may spread on opponents, who hasn't fire resistance. Power of spell increases with unit's level. 16-2 damage at the current level.
* flaming tomb (high): Calls an flamig dome, which covers the opponent. If spell is successfull, it inflicts signficant fire damage and may incinerate fire-vulnerable units. Chance to hit increases with unit's level. 18-1 damage with 5% additional accuracy at the current level.
* lightning (high): even more advanced version of ''energy stream'' which replaces ''fireball''. Calls few lightnings which inflicts piercing and fire damage half by half with additional damage for units which located in water or under rain. Number of lightnings increases with unit's level. Total damage at the current level is 12-3.
|Advances from:||Red Mage|
|Advances to:||Great Mage|
|Id:||Royal Sun Mage Temp|
Attacks (damage × count)
|8 × 2|
|7 × 5|