By the time when captain becomes colonel, he is usually seasoned veteran. Despite the fact that in theory you can get promoted to colonel after serving five or six years in some peaceful place, practically there is not peaceful places in the Wesnoth. In the central regions of country the Royal Army opposed by robbers, rebels and criminal syndicates, while on borders it opposed by orcs, elves and undeads. Only one of five captains manages to become colonel while rest will die or resigns to choose peaceful work. On the other hand, most of ones who become colonels are true heroes. Although colonel's work is headquaters meetings or command of castle's garrison, if necessary to fight personally, then colonel won't concede to any of his subordinates.
Pupil: Day type
* +5% accuracy and +1 vision range at daytime.
* -10% accuracy and -1 vision range at night.
* 25% damage bonus when there are 2 or more selfless allies around unit.
* 25% damage penalty when there isn't allies around unit.
Movement type: Mounted
* not good on most terrain types, except flat.
Armor type: Mounted human in full gothic armor with shield
* well resistant to blade damage and especially to impact damage.
* fractionally resistant to fire and cold damage.
* vulnerable for pierce damage.
Damage type: Blade & Impact
* blade attack is effective against units without armor, especially against woses.
* blade attack is less effective against skeletons and trolls.
* blade attack is uneffective against ghosts and heavy armored units.
* impact attack is effective against units without armor, especially against fragile ones, like skeletons, elves, goblins and saurians.
* impact attack is less effective against woses, trolls and other giant creatures.
* impact attack is uneffective against ghosts and heavy armored units.
* leadership: increases damage of adjacent royal soldiers of 1st level by 50%, and damage of soldiers of 2nd level by 25%.
* firstshoot: shoots first in defense.
|Id:||Royal Colonel Cavalry|
|Abilities:||leadership, leadership, dummy, dummy, dummy|
Attacks (damage × count)
|12 × 3|
|12 × 2|