The soldiers have a saying ''The captain's cloak must be paid with blood''. There is three cases when lieutenants gets promotion: firstly, lieutenant can be promoted when he makes the feat of arms, secondly, lieutenant can be promoted when his captain get promoted and his post is vacant, lastly, lieutenant can be promoted when his captain get killed and his post is vacant. Lastest happens most often. Captains are field commanders who fighting on the front line ahead of their companies. All enemies of the Wesnoth know captain's coats well and everyone seeks to get head of those coats' owners. Anyone, who managed to survive two years as a captain is either a great warrior or a favorite of fate. After five years of service captains usually gets promotion to colonels, and that can happen even earlier due to exceptional merit.
Pupil: Day type
* +5% accuracy and +1 vision range at daytime.
* -10% accuracy and -1 vision range at night.
* 25% damage bonus when there are 2 or more selfless allies around unit.
* 25% damage penalty when there isn't allies around unit.
Movement type: Military
* good at village and castles defending.
Armor type: Human in full armor
* well resistant to blade and pierce damage and slightly less to impact damage.
Damage type: Blade & Pierce
* blade attack is effective against units without armor, especially against woses.
* blade attack is less effective against skeletons and trolls.
* blade attack is uneffective against ghosts and heavy armored units.
* pierce attack is more effective against cavalry and flying units.
* pierce attack is less effective against frogs, dwarves and skeletons.
* pierce attack is uneffective against woses, ghosts and heavy armored units.
* leadership: increases damage of adjacent royal soldiers of 1st level by 25%.
* marksman: ranged attack's basic accuracy in offense is 60% regardless of terrain type.
|Id:||Royal Captain Marksman|
Attacks (damage × count)
|5 × 4|
|8 × 3|