Blue Mage / Blue Sorceress
Blue mages have proliferated in the Wesnoth in recent decades. Although effectiveness of water-style battlemagic has been proven millennium ago, historically fire-style mages have fought on the side of islefolks and later on the side of Wesnoth folk, while water-style mages have served Wesfolk Lords and later many of powerful necromancers. So, water magic has been banned at Alduin Academy from the its founding. Only at beginning of the Silver Age wesnothian mages influenced by merfolk allies became interested in water magic again. New style of battlemagic was created. Unlike servants of dark mages, who mainly rely on cold magic, blue mages more interested in manipulation of water shape and aggregate state.
Pupil: Day type
* +5% accuracy and +1 vision range at daytime.
* -10% accuracy and -1 vision range at night.
* from 0 to 25% damage bonus when unit's HP from 50 to 100% of maximum.
* from 0 to 25% damage penalty when unit's HP from 50 to 0% of maximum.
Movement type: Civilian
* not good at castle and village defending.
Armor type: Human water mage without armor
* resistant to cold magic.
* vulnerable for impact and blade damage.
Damage type: Impact & Pierce
* impact attacks are effective against units without armor, especially against fragile ones, like skeletons, elves, goblins and saurians.
* impact attacks are less effective against woses, trolls and other giant creatures.
* impact attacks are uneffective against ghosts and heavy armored units.
* pierce attack is more effective against cavalry and flying units.
* pierce attack is less effective against frogs, dwarves and skeletons.
* pierce attack is uneffective against woses, ghosts and heavy armored units.
Spells: 1 basic and 1 average
* waterball (basic): advanced version of ''energy stream''. Calls few balls of compressed water, which causes impact damage. It distracts an opponent when hits. Shooting accuracy increases with unit's level. 12-2 damage with 10% additional accuracy at the current level.
* water spray (average): advanced version of ''waterball''. Calls a powerful spray of water, which causes impact damage. It distracts an opponent when hits. Both shooting accuracy and damage increases with unit's level. 13-2 damage with 10% additional accuracy at the current level.
* ice pike (average): calls an ice pike, which may be used at melee combat, but breaks down after several strikes. Pike inflicts pierce damage and forestall opponent's melee attacks. Durability of pike increases with unit's level. 10-1 damage at the current level.
* ice needles (average): calls a swarm of ice needles, which iflicts pierce damage. It has 90% accuracy against slowed or distracted units. Number of needles changes with unit's HP amount and its level. 4-9 damage at the current level.
* rain aura (average): increases fire resistance and decreases cold resistance of all adjacent units by 20%.
|Advances from:||Apprentice Mage|
|Advances to:||Mage of Moon, Silver Mage|
|Id:||Royal Blue Mage Temp|
Attacks (damage × count)
|6 × 2|
|12 × 2|